Thursday, March 31, 2011

Is anybody thirsty besides me???





Let me introduce you to Sampson (our family dog).  Really he is just another child.  Any of you who have had a dog in the house, know what I am talking about.  This is another way I know Daddy has a sense of humor because he has used Samps so many times to teach me a lesson.  For instance, Samps usually goes to get a good bath & hair cut every 6 weeks, usually on a Monday.  Well, evidently while he is there he never sleeps, or drinks anything.  I know this, because when he gets home he lays around & can’t hold his eyes open. And usually the first place he goes is straight to his water bowl.  He did this one afternoon but his bowl was empty.  He got as close to the bowl as he could & laid down.  Immediately God spoke!!! Why aren’t you that thirsty for me?  Sigh!  Well, how do you respond to that?  Why am  I  not so thirsty for God, His voice, His teachings? Why am I not lying down at His feet?  Curled up & waiting for more?  Life just sometimes gets so busy.  I let junk get in the way of listening.  I let junk get in the way of serving.  God gives me choices to make each & every day.  It is ultimately my decision what & who I serve.  More often than not, I make the wrong choice.  But I am working on that.  I am trying to slow down, reevaluate, recalculate, & make the right choice.  Because I AM THIRSTY!  Are you?
 

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work!!! Always a good read! God is soo proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete