Saturday, April 9, 2011

All good things

I have to admit I got in trouble today.  Yep, me.  I know it is hard to believe isn't it?  Anyway, I was texting with my niece.  We were talking about the temperature, the weather, the breeze.  I replied to her yes breezy & 78.  If water & sand were in front of us, then we would have perfection. (we both love the beach)  As soon as I hit the send button, I knew I was in trouble.  God pressed in.  Then in a phone conversation with a friend, we were talking about attitudes that stink.  Mine included.  He pressed in even  more.  So  as I sat outside to absorb some of this beautiful sunshine, warm temps & breeze I got to listening to Him.  Then He laid this verse on me.  James 1:17  "Every good & perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows".
So as I thought about this, this is what I got... No matter what the weather is, sun, warm, cloudy, cold, it is perfect because it comes down from the Father.  No matter what the circumstance is that we face, it is perfect because it comes down from the Father.  If we don't like it.. to bad.  He's God, He's in control & we are not.  When we allow or don't allow our children to do something, it is our call.  Not their's.  God is the same way.  He knows what is best for us.  He sees our need long before we even realize we have one.  He's just good that way.  So the next time I decide I might want to complain about the weather or something else, I hope I am reminded of this post I just typed. 

Now, I hope to see you all in church tomorrow.  If you don't attend ours I hope you go to yours.  He is so worthy of all our praise.  So go & praise Him well.  After all, He let the sun shine bright today.  And it was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. & He let the rain fall on us today. We needed it desperately!

    ReplyDelete