Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And we think our life is bad.......

At  this point, in this day,  my heart is full of emotion.  There are things in this life,  people actually, that I just don't understand.  Yet, they may not understand me either. There are many days that I have to  deal with so many people who don't seem to know our God even exist. Maybe that is everywhere & everyone has to deal with it.  It is just sometimes more than I can deal with.  I leave work sometimes with such a heavy heart.  One day not so long ago, was no exception.  Some days you just have to laugh to keep from crying.  One day not so long ago, was no exception. I realize that we all have our different beliefs in our "religion", our "relationship". But I do believe we are all striving to reach the same outcome.  We are all striving to see Jesus at the end of this journey.   But there are just some days I have to shake my head & ask God why on earth are these people allowed out in public.  Anyway on this very unusual day, (probably a day when there was a full moon)  it all came to a head so to speak when I pulled up to the mail box & we had a letter from T.  I can't begin to tell you how excited I was.  Then the tears of joy came.  Then I was reminded of how blessed I am. We are. And as I started to really bring this day to a close, I checked in on one of the blogs I follow & pictures of children in Ethiopia were posted.  How ironic is that?  She was so close to our T.  But this picture ripped my heart out......
Yep, we think we have it bad... I don't think so.
I am not too proud to admit that on any given occasion, I'm pretty selfish.  I like what I like.  I want what I want when I want it.  But then there are so many times God speaks gently like He did on this particular day.  There are many times that He reminds me that these people, these children need HIM.  And that I may be the only chance they get to see HIM.  I know.  Scary.  I am human.  I am not tactful.  My feelings & thoughts show on my face.  (So I have been told.  Makes me want to walk around with a mirror strapped to my head just so I can see for myself.  But then some may think that's a little vain, which I don't think I am.) ok , Anyway,  when counting my blessings, I have many.  There are people, children right here in our town, in our county, in our state, in our country, in this world who need JESUS.  Who need food, shoes, love.  When counting my blessings, I realize my life isn't bad at all.  When you count yours, how do you stack up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment