Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Count down to Easter

As I was listening to KLOVE radio, getting ready for church, the DJ mentioned that it was 21 days til Easter.  So I got to thinking about that.  Which is more important?  Christ birth or His death & Resurrection?  You know we count down to Christmas.  Why?  Is it because we are so excited to celebrate His birth or because we are so excited that santa comes & we get gifts?  How often have we overlooked Easter?  Oh we celebrate it.  We buy new clothes.  New shoes.  Need I forget a matching or new spring purse.  We hide Easter eggs.  We even make a bunny cake.  So yes we celebrate. But what are we celebrating?  I am totally in love with my Jesus.  And since falling head over hills for Him, Easter has taken on a whole new meaning.  Yes, use to, it was about the new outfits.  I wanted the boys to look cute in clothes they absolutely hated! But now, to think about my Jesus taking a beating for me,  dragging His cross up a hill for me, dying for me, & spending those days in between, just waiting, for me, then coming forth on that 1st Easter morning. I can't help but smile through some bitter sweet tears.  But here's the kicker, He didn't just do it for me.  He did it for You too!  He's just that good.  Luke 24:5 Says that the angels asked the women "Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6)He is not here: He has risen! Remember how He told you, while He was still with you in Galilee: 7) "The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again."  8)Then they remembered His words. 

I know, if it weren't for His birth, there would be no Resurrection, all the more reason to be thankful & celebrate.  So yes, I am counting the days til Easter not because it is when the Easter bunny comes, but because that is when the party invitation was sent?  Have you sent your RSVP?

No comments:

Post a Comment