Thursday, April 14, 2011

Desperate

I have to know, do you ever have days when you feel like one of these critters in this game?  You know the whack a mole games at the arcades or chuck e cheese?  You know, those days when you think you have it made & you pop your head out to make sure you do & satan is right there with his mallet to pop you back on the head?  I have some of those days.  Maybe I am the only one.  But I bet I'm not. 

The past few days I have had this scripture on my mind.  Mark 5: 24-34.  I so understand her desperation.  She was desperate for the healing of Jesus on her issue of blood.  But don't we all have issues?  She got word that He was in her neighborhood.  Knowing that there would be a mob of people, she made her way to where He was.  Once she got there it was, as she expected.  People everywhere.  But she was desperate.  She needed Him.  So she pressed her way through the madness.  Through the people.  She didn't demand to see Him face to face.  She didn't demand to even speak to Him.  She just knew she needed to touch Him.  Even the hem of His garment would suffice.  It would be enough.  Once she did, He knew someone had touched Him.  He felt the power leave Him.  He turned & asked who had touched Him.  Knowing she had been healed, she fell at His feet & confessed it was her.  He told her to go in peace & be free, all because of her faith. 

Are you that desperate?  Are you desperate enough to fight the madness & crawl to Him? 
Another one of my favorite songs is "One Touch" by Nicole c. Mullen.  I wish I could find a video w/ lyrics, but I haven't had any luck.  But here's part of the lyrics:

" If I could just touch the hem of His garment
I know I'd be made whole
If I could just press my way through this madness
His love would heal my soul
If only one touch.

Suddenly He turned around
He said somebody has unleasehd my power
well, frightened & embarrassed I bowed
You see I told Him of my troubles
And how...
I had to touch the Hem of His garment
And I know I've been made whole
And how I had pressed my way through the madness
And His love has healed my soul
Then with one word He touched the hem of my garment
And you know I've beed made whole
And somehow He pressed His way through my madness
And His love has healed my soul
I tell you He touched me
He reached way down & touched me
When no one else would touch me
Jesus, sho nuff touched me
And I know I've been made whole."

I shared with the ladies in S.S. class Sunday that last Friday this song was playing on my computer at work.  And as I was going about my business in my "fish bowl" ( which is what I call my office) I felt this desperate.  No, I don't have any health issues.  (for those of you who really know me, keep your comments to yourself:) ) If you stack me up against others, I really don't have any issues at all.  My family is in tack. We have our home, our jobs, food, clothes, health.  But as I have stated on here before, I see & hear lots in my work.  It has a tendency to give me a heave heart.  But I thought you know, Jesus, if I could, I would reach out  & touch you right now & I need you to reach down & touch me.  But the thing of it is, I can & He did. 

So yes, when I pop my head out & Satan is there, I can just say back off buddy!  My Jesus has touched me! He's got my back & I can walk with my head held high all because I am desperate for Him.  What about you? How desperate are you? Just reach out & hang on.  I know I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment