Monday, April 18, 2011

First day of spring break

I know none of you asked for this, but I thought I would share my first day of spring break.  It isn't interesting & will probably bore you to tears.  But here you go. 


It started with this & a good cup of black coffee.  Nothing gets the day started better than this!




A few hours later I was here.  I took a small road trip.   Had a good quiet time with Daddy!  No radio, no noise,  just me & Him. Some people enjoy quiet time with Him on their tractor, on a lawn mower, in a boat, or even in a deer stand, but this is some good quality time too.   I read & heard last week that research shows that shopping is good for your  health.  So what's a girl to do? Yep go for some retail therapy. 




And then there was THIS!!!!!  Need I say more?
I didn't think so.



When I got home, I took a walk outside & got this. 


And this........






Then there is this.....




Spring is definitely in the air.



And lo & behold, look a here.  Mama sittin in here nest.




She flew out after the flash.




Once again, spring is in the air.

Checked in on my sunflowers & yep, they are springing up nicely.




You may not can see him very well, but I ran up on him.



And then there's this toy.



So, the fun & games were over.  Time to get to work.  Now you ladies of our congregation reading this, please get your husbands to look at this picture  & the one to follow.  You know who you are.  You see, there are times when the preacher likes to tell how much I don't cook.  (which is partly true since it isn't something i enjoy doing.) But I felt sorry for him & decided it was time for him to have a good meal.  At least better than we are use to having here lately.  This is proof I cooked this.......



I know your mouths are watering right now aren't they?


And I will end the day here, typing this with him close by.  Yes, the preacher & the boys were a part of the day too, they just don't really like having their pictures taken.  Samps doesn't either, but he really doesn't have much of a choice.
I promise, I won't bore you with this kind of post everyday this week. 
These are really just blessings & gifts He showed me today.  Hope you saw yours today too.  They are never far away.  We just have to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment