Thursday, April 28, 2011

Have you been copyrighted?

I read this on facebook once, "too many people buy things they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't even like."  So I thought about this for a while.  Then God began to speak just a bit. 

You see, I have never really liked to be copied.  You know, in high school, I never really wanted to have the same shirt as someone else.  If someone showed up one day with one like mine, I just didn't wear mine again.  And to some degree, I haven't really changed a whole lot.  We once had a neighbor who set out the same shrubs as we did.  I didn't like it one bit.  But then someone said that for someone to copy what you have or have done is the greatest form of flattery.  So I have been thinking about that a lot in the past few days.  And  as I have thought about this, let's just say, someone has copied you...What have they copied?  Your clothes, your home, your car?  All of this is material things.  Have they copied what they see spiritually?  If so then good for you & Praise God.  If not, why not?  Do they see it?  You see in Matthew 5:14 Jesus tells us we are the light of the world.  If a city is on a hill, it can't be hidden.  In verse 15 He said people don't light a lamp & then put it under a bowl.  (if you are like me, i have lamps everywhere in my house & most of the time, they are on  so i get this verse) He also says they put it on a stand & it lights up the house.  (D would agree)  He finishes up in verse 16 telling us we are to be the same way.  We are to let our light shine before men so that they can see our good deeds and praise our Father in heaven.  So I just have to know, is your light shining  Are you being copied?  I know that "we" shouldn't want to be copied, but we should want our Father to be copied.  How can He be copied if no one sees Him?  You know we may be the only chance some folks will ever get to see Jesus. 

The only example that comes to my mind is this, when I attended my first conference in 07, I watched Beth Moore & Priscilla Shirer during the worship service.  But it was what I saw in Beth Moore that I wanted.  Did I want to be her?  NO. But I watched her worship our Father as if it were just HIM & her.  It didn't matter that there were thousands of people there.   At that moment it was just them.  And I remember thinking, I want that.  I want that kind of relationship.  But as I type this, I feel His presence asking "or do you think that was Me saying, I want that kind of relationship with you?"  I love how He just shows up like this & blows me away!!!!  All I can say at this point is this, I want it!  I want to be so full of Him that there is no doubt in any one's mind that I come in contact with who I belong to.  I want to be so full of Him, that He just flows out of me & onto them.  He is my light, my strength, my song.  What about you?  What are people seeing?  What would they be copying if they copied you?

No comments:

Post a Comment