Tuesday, April 12, 2011

He does play favorites you know!

Ok so it is Monday.  Sampson has been for his bath & hair cut.  Only today he also got his shots.  Now to add to that, the weather has been stormy & just yucky.  So I can only imagine how he feels.  It is bad enough on us older folk (smile) who can tell when the weather is changing.  I knew this morning he wasn't himself. It was his lucky day though.  She called & told me he was ready by lunch so D, being the good man he is, picked him up & brought him home.  Samps met me at the door but he wasn't moving too quickly.  I tried to ease my guilt by offering him some chips.  He snubbed them.  Turned his head.  But when I offered him a cookie with some chocolate, yep, he took it.  He is my dog!!! I ain't gonna turn down chocolate either.  I say all of that to say this, in case you are getting bored, I ended up in the floor with him because I could cleary see he wasn't feeling well. He snuggled on up closer to me.  I felt God tug my heart & say "you are lovin on him like I want to love on you.  When you hurt, I want you to snuggle on up to me.  Let me love on you & take care of  you.  But you just get so stinkin busy in trying to fix it yourself.  Why not just rest in me &  let me take care of your "it"?" At the time of this typing Samps is laying comfortably on our bed.  Asleep I might add.  All because he knows I am near. 

Why do we make things so difficult?  Why can't we just rest in our God & let Him take care of us?  He is in control you know.  He has our backs because He loves us & we are His favorites. 

I can only describe His love & how He longs for us in this way,  I can remember as a little girl sitting in a big chair with my daddy.  There wasn't any wiggle room.  But I loved sitting in that chair with him.  In fact if I was in trouble with my mom, (which was quite often) I got in the chair with him.  That is what God wants from us.  To climb in His lap & let Him love on us, protect us, comfort us.

Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Have you ever thought of yourself as being the apple of God's eye?  You are you know.  We all are.  We are all His favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment