Monday, April 11, 2011

My brain moves way too fast sometimes......

Let me warn you before you read any futher. This is a scattered post.  I feel like I am all over the place. Which is normal for me. 

I wish my mind would slow down for just a bit.  So many thoughts are running through it right now. 
Let me back up for just a minute for those of you who were in S.S. class this morning.  I need to go back to our question & how we see ourselves in who we are & who we aren't.  You know the part where the statement is made, what we don't say will show up in action?  Here's the example of that that I wanted to share, but somewhere in between the lesson & the preachers bible "missing" I forgot.  We may say one thing, but our actions will always tell what is in our heart.  Now this is scary.  Very scary, especially for me.  I know without a doubt what is in my heart, what I am striving for, what I am longing for, but sometimes the flesh just takes over.  One of the boys gave a great example of that this past week.  They were telling that someone in a leadership position had shown & acted, even said the right thing, done the right thing, but the very next thing my boy knew, this person was acting on a totally different stage.  Do you get what I am saying?  They led him to believe they were one way but the next thing he knew he was totally opposite of what he had just said.  The reason this is so scary is because we are all that way to a certain degree.  Wouldn't you agree? 
As I was waiting for our service to begin  I was scanning scripture as I often do.  Psalm 15 stopped me in my tracks.  David asked the question in verse 1 Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?  The definition of dwell is to reside, make one's home.  So he is asking God who gets to reside in your sanctuary? Who gets to make it their home?  This was the reply in verse 2-5.  He whose walk is blameless & who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart & has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong & casts no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury & does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

Well, I would dare say if it weren't for God's great grace, I would be out.  And if you are honest with yourself, you probably would be too.  I only know of one man who walked this earth who was blameless & perfect.  But as the preacher said, we should sure be found trying.  I am known for speaking the truth, just not very tactfully.  Every one of us, I dare say, is guilty of dropping the ball on one of these listed in these verses.  And as we talked in tonights service the tounge can kill someone.  It is the most dangerous weapon we have.  How many times have we said things about coworkers, neighbors, friends, the list could go on & on.

But let me share the Message translation on these verses: 1)God, who gets invited to dinner at your place?  How do we get on  your guest list?  Walk straight, act right, tell the truth.  Don't hurt your friend, don't blame your neighbor, despise the despicable.  Keep your  word even when it cost you, make an honest living, never take a bribe. You'll never get blacklisted if you live like this."

As we talked in S.S. this morning & as the preacher spoke a few weeks ago, there is a large difference between religion & relationship.  If we have a relationship, we will strive to be Christ like.  We will instantly know when we have done something that goes against what God wants.  If religion is the only thing we have going for us, then I dare say, we don't have much.  I don't know about all of you, but I want a relationship.  I don't want to just know about Him.  I want an invitation.  I don't want to just say He is good because the sun is shining.  I want to be able to say He is good because I have witnessed first hand what He has done.

Told ya my mind was racing!  I guess you could say this is the first of possibly many throw up post.  Now you have some insight to what the preacher has to put up with & some insight to my brain.  I hope it made some sort of sense to you.  If not, sorry.  Just my thoughts!  Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment