Monday, April 25, 2011

Ready? Set? Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have had a few ol fishermen on my mind today.  (Amongst other things.  To name a few, storms, kids in a basement, lighting strikes, evacuations etc.)  Any way, we talked a little bit about these guys in Sunday School yesterday.  They kinda carried over into today.  In Matthew 4:18-22, Mark 1:14-20 & Luke 5:1-11, we see Jesus call these men from their jobs.  He told them to "Come follow me,  and At Once they left their nets and followed Him" in Mark, same thing in Matthew.  We do not see these men debate Him.  We do not see them question whys, how comes, why not.  We see them lay down those nets & go.  In Luke we see they have fished all night.  Jesus told Peter to let down your net.  Now we do see Peter say, now look Jesus, we have been here all night.  We have nothing to show for it, BUT, BUT, because YOU say so, I will.  And look at what happened. 

Back in Matthew 28:19  Jesus tells the eleven to "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."  You see, I believe He has told us right here to do the same thing.  

I believe those fishermen had a choice to make & we know they made the right one.  Nobody made those men go with Him.  They wanted to.  We have obviously made the same choice if we have accepted Him as our Lord & Savior.   But we like to debate Him.  Matthew 28:19&20 is very plain.  He said Go. I want to suggest to you, that means we are not to debate Him.  It isn't up for discussion.  There are no choices to be made. 

I know a dear, sweet, family who has been faced with some hard choices lately.  And they have chosen to honor God with what they have been given.  And what they have been given isn't very pretty.  But in my opinion, outside looking in, they have made it beautiful. 
We have a choice to make too.  He said GO!  He said PRAISE!  So I ask you this, are you on the go, or are you standing still?  Are you praising Him or sitting still?  Are you so full of Him that He flows from your lips with ease & then onto the ones you come in contact with every day? 

David Platt makes this statement in his book 'Radical',  "You and I can choose to continue with business as usual in the Christian life and in the church as a whole, enjoying success based on the standards defined by the culture around us. Or we can take an honest look at the Jesus of the Bible and dare to ask what the consequences might be if we really believed Him and really obeyed Him."

I don't know what He is asking of you.  Only you know that.  But I do know this, if He is asking or just down right telling you, then I bet you, you better be doing it. 
I have said before, I don't believe that the God I serve is a mean spirited God sitting up on His throne (the one with wheels ladies) ( I smile at the inside joke).  I think about Him as a loving, gentle Father with the hand to discipline just like my earthly father was.  Just like I see in D with our boys.  . 

So I ask you this, are you ready?  Are you set?  Are you ready to make a choice that will honor Him or are you going to debate Him?  Are you ready and willing to face some consequences for the One who loves you more than anyone on this earth does?  Are you ready to go?  I gotta remind you, party favors are waiting!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment