Thursday, April 7, 2011

Twenty one years! Who'd a thought it!

I am not really sure how or where to begin this post.  I didn't ask permission to do this but then again I never do.  It was, again, what God laid on my heart.  You see, D & I celebrated 21 years of marriage yesterday.  Now if you count the years preceding that well, it is a lot.  As I thought back on those years, wow, is all I can say.  Only thing left to add to it is God is good & faithful.  Let me just say we have been on this ride a while & all along the way we have been strapped in the front seat of a roller coaster.  Sometimes my hands have been in the air, others they have covered my face, others I was just hangin on the bar.  But through it all, God has blessed us far beyond what we deserve.  Two of the main blessings are our healthy, handsome boys.  Who, by the way, are our joys in this life.

I can't help but smile & give God praise when I do look back.  You see, I have watched my man go from a rebellious boy to the great man of God he is.  I am so, so thankful & proud of him.  Ecclesiastes 4:12 says "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."  Believe me when I say that satan tried his best to break.  But I can also honestly say that I can look back & see where God's hand has been in place since day one & I don't mean day one of the marriage, I mean day one way back before I was old enough to drive & He placed the two of us together.  He has been right there with us & has seen us both at our best & our worst.  Yet here we are being used by Him.  It was all in His time & in His plan.  And believe me when I tell you, you can't mess with His time or plan you just have to trust it.  Easier said than done, but true!!

So I want to say to you D, (& it will be here as proof that i said it) I am ever so grateful to our Father who saw us through.  I am so thankful to you for allowing Him to use you.  I am just completely in love with you more now than yesterday or all those years ago.  I dare say, let's keep hangin on to Him & each other.  Life is hard, it hurts, sometimes it just down right stinks.  But in the midst of it all we have Him & each other.  In good times & bad.  I would definitely do it all over again. 

I smile through tears & say I so love you!!! Happy 21!

1 comment:

  1. Keep havin a party. It gets even BETTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete