Friday, April 29, 2011

We are "royal" family too, you know!

I know you are probably so tired of seeing & hearing about Prince William & Kate.  But please allow me to add my two cents.  Maybe I am the only one who was interested in it this morning, but I don't think so.  But you see, (I will show my age here) I remember details of the day his parents wed.  It was  in July of 81.  My sister & sister in law had carried me to Jackson that day.  I know you think to shop right?  Wrong.  They carried me to get my braces.  Then on to McDonald's for lunch.  Bad idea.  My lips were so cut up after lunch!!! Not a good idea at all.  Any way by the time supper time came, I was in pain.  So I had a bowl of spaghetti o's.  As I ate, guess what I watched.  Yep. The royal wedding.  So memories were made for me that day.  As I told D this morning, I think this was the stuff fairy tale's are made of. And I think there are many little girl's who do want the fairy tale.  They want their prince to love them forever.  They want to live happily ever after with him.  Sad to say though many little girls today, don't have a good example of a prince.  I did.  There was never a doubt in my mind that my daddy loved my mama & he loved his kids.

This week had been another crazy week.  And as I think back on it, all I can really do is just shake my head.  Monday seems so long ago.  But I do believe it is a day I won't forget anytime soon.  You see, a storm rolled through and as it did, we had the student body go to our basement.  I don't even remember how long they were there, but that is beside the point.  We got them back into the classroom when the storm had passed.  Not long after that I was on the phone and behind me it sounded like a firework that explodes with out the display of color.  We call them dud's.  It was behind my head.  Next thing I knew I was told there were flames coming from it.  Lighting had struck something.  And it came in behind me.  We evacuated the building.  Of course it all happened at the end of the day. 

We all know what the rest of the week has held.  As Tuesday night approached I was promised this in Psalms 91:9-12  If you make the Most High your dwelling, even the Lord, who is my refuge, then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands.
I was reminded what D had said Sunday about luck.  With our Father, there is no luck.  It is all in His hands.  And that is where the "family"  part comes in.  I do not know of a father who really loves his children & doesn't protect them.  You see I know that I am a princess.  No my earthly parents were not of a royal family.  But because they brought us up and held true to Proverbs 22:6, they trained us up in the way we should go & now here we are & we haven't turned from it, I am a princess because I am a child of the King.  And my Father, the King, protects me.  Now men (if there are any reading this)don't go feeling left out.  If I am correct in my thinking, if you are a child of the King, then, yes, you are a prince. My Father, the King, protects His children.  Why?  Because He loves us so much.  And one day we will all sit at that table that He has prepared.  It will be a party bigger than the one's that have taken place today.  And I do believe He will dismiss me at the proper time to go play in the sand and watch the tide roll in.  I think He may do this after I have laid my crown at His feet.  (I hope I have more than one.  I smile)  So as much as I have enjoyed watching this fairy tale on TV, I hold fast to the fact that one day He's coming to take His bride home.  So with all of that being said, are you a member of His "royal" family?  He has crowns & robes waiting for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment