Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Memaw (repost from last year)

This is a repost from last year.  There are no words to add or take away.  Other than I am thankful for another year with her.

I really don't know where to begin.  This woman in the picture is a very special lady.  One that loves the Lord & doesn't mind anyone knowing it.  She is the 2nd born in a family of three girls and one boy.  She is the daughter of two people who loved each other and raised their kids in a christian home with deep roots.  She is the widow of a dearly loved and missed husband.  She is the mother of three. She is the grandmother of five (six when you add samps) and great grandmother of four.  She is my mama.  She is holding the newest member of our family.  I can only imagine what she is thinking as she sits there holding him.  I have seen her do this many times with all of our babies.  A memory that will go with me forever, along with the little song she would sing to them. 

I really have absolutely no words to describe my feelings for her other than she is my mama.  The one I can vent to, tell a secret to, laugh at and with.  She is the anchor of our family.  She is a rock because she stands on one.  She knows who holds tomorrow.  She knows who holds her hand.  She knows who hung the moon & stars in the sky.  She knows it wasn't a preacher.  I heard that so many times growing up.  You don't go to church because of the preacher.  He didn't put the moon & sun there.  God did and that is why you go to church.  To worship Him.  That always changed my outlook.  She knows Him as her friend, her comforter, her rock, her strength, her shield, her redeemer, her peace, her Lord, her Savior.  She is the one, without a doubt, that prays for us daily.  Not just her children, but the grand kids too.  When the grand kids hurt, she hurts.  She doesn't & hasn't missed much of any of their lives.  If it is an important event she's been right there with them.  Cheering them on.  She loves with all she has. 
I am so proud of her.  I am so proud to call her my mama.  Really, I think, when I grow up, I want to be like her.  I think the other's in our bunch would agree with me on this, you are simply the best & there is no mother's day card out there that can really sum up how we all feel.  We have witnessed the true meaning of a Godly woman before our very eye's.  I am so thankful that God placed me right smack dab in this bunch of folks as the baby.  (He knew you all needed someone to keep everyone in line.) (I Smile) But seriously, I am thankful.  I am thankful for the heritage that you & daddy passed on to all of us.  You both trained us up in the way we should go & I think we are all going.  We had good examples.  Again, you are the best!  Happy Mother's Day Memaw!  You are dearly loved by us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment