Wednesday, May 11, 2011

To be where you are

I took a day off yesterday.  I know.  How wrong right?  Especially to do what I am doing in the above picture.  Yep.  I sat in the sun for a while.  As I thought back on the day this right here was what stuck in my mind.  You see, Samps can look out the door and see me when I am out by the pool.  And he has gotten to the point he will whine about it.  He wants out too.  He doesn't run around the yard or anything.  He comes straight to my chair.  One day not too long ago, he managed to get the screen door open just enough to get out all by himself & surprise me by jumping in the chair with me. 


Again, I say all of that to say this,  why don't we have that attitude towards our heavenly Father?  To be so desperate to be where He is.  No matter how hot or uncomfortable we may be just to know we are that close to Him, we will be ok.  I mean it wasn't just a nice breeze or a wind out of the north yesterday.  It topped out at 90 and was humid.  But Samps didn't mind.  He would have stayed right there as long as I would have let him.  And he did.  I also wonder why I have to be so drained from everything and at rock bottom before I become desperate.  And what makes me the maddest is I usually get there and don't even realize I have headed in that direction.  You would think there would be some road signs or something.  You know bottom of the barrel coming up on next left.  Maybe they are there but they are nothing more than a blur because I am moving way too fast.

Anyway, we talked Sunday night about a mother's love.  How it is so different from a father's love.  How there is something special between a mother and child.  Again what came to mind is that as much as I love my boys, my heavenly Father loves me more.  And if someone loves me that much why wouldn't I want to be right where they are.  And being that He loves me more than I could ever possibly dream about loving my boys, He is not going to let any harm come my way.  He is my protector and shield.  He is not going to let me get so exhausted that I can't go on.  He is my strength.  He isn't going to let me get so tore up and frustrated to the point of no return.  He is my comfort.  So why in the world would I not want to be where He is?  Why wouldn't you?  My Jesus died for you just as much as He did for me.  So why don't we want to sit tight up in under Daddy's wings?

Avalon sings a song with these lyrics:
 I don't want to go somewhere
If I know that you're not there
'Cause I know that me without You is a lie
And I don't want to walk that road
Be a million miles from home
'Cause my heart needs to be where You are
So I don't want to go



I hate to say it but this isn't always the song in my heart.  I want what I want when I want it.  I think that is the mentality of most Christians today.  But wouldn't it be nice if this was the song & attitude we all had?

I think Moses had the right idea in Exodus 33:15 Moses said to him, " If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here."  Moses didn't want to go if God wasn't going too.  Moses didn't want any part of anything without God.  What about you?  Where do you want to be?  



No comments:

Post a Comment