Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Train up a child

Proverbs 22:6 tells us that we are to train up a child in the way he should go so that when he is old he will not depart from it.  I am writing today out of complete & utter frustration.  In my work I see & hear so much.  So much I have to keep to myself.  So much I don’t understand.  I have been accused of not being very tactful.  Maybe I’m not.  But that is beside the point right now.  There are so many times I just want to hurt some of these people.  But then God stops me cold & says you know, why not try witnessing to them?  Well, God, at this point I wouldn’t be a very good witness.  I would probably walk up to them & say something to this effect.  You know, if you don’t turn from your ways, when you die, you will burn in hell, & you are leading your children there too.  Now, that would not be very tactful.  Might even get me arrested.   I can see the headlines now, Partyin preachers wife arrested for “witnessing”.  Not a good thing for the preacher or the church, would you say.  I bet it would definetly get some conversations though. 
Seriously, God does lay some of these people on my heart.  In his book, Radical, David Platt quotes Matthew 28:19 “Go & make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father & of the Son & of the Holy Spirit”.  We are to go, make disciples, & baptize.  It isn’t a choice.  In my Bible it is in red.  Meaning Jesus spoke it.  Spoke it as a command.  NO DECISION TO BE MADE.  Well, the question is this… How are they to train their children in the way they should go, if no one goes to them?  How are we to make disciples if no one goes?  How are we to baptize if no one goes?  We just always assume that someone else will go.  But what if they don’t?  Then these children are going to be traveling down the same road the parent has.  How sad.  So the question is do we go & how do we train?  So I think it may be time I start going.  How? I don't know but the only hope that I see that some of these children have is going to be for my God to reach down & save them.  And He can because He is mighty to save. 

No comments:

Post a Comment