Saturday, June 25, 2011

Competition

I am always amazed at what Daddy uses to strike up a conversation with me.  This week it was as innocent as a facebook comment.  It brought the topic of competition to my mind.  I have often thought of myself as a non competitor.  I don't really like to play games of any sort because yes there will always be a loser. 
I really don't think that Daddy is a very big competitor either.  Here's why.  Jeremiah 31:3 tells me He has loved me with an everlasting love:  He has drawn me with loving kindness.  Somewhere out in this blogs history there was a post about whole hearted devotion.  Jeremiah 29:13 says "You will seek Me and find Me when you seek me with all of your heart I will be found by you."   And there are many more scriptures that speak of an undivided heart & whole hearted devotion.  He wants all of me or none of me.  But how many times do I place Him in the middle of a competition?  I choose something over Him? I choose facebook, a good novel, Internet, TV, phone, sun and poolside.  When I do this before time with Him, I am telling Him, He is not important.  I am pulling Him into a game that He really doesn't want to play & then I end  up losing.  My heart begins to show the effects of being dehydrated.  Just like the boys when they play a full game with no water break.  It wears them down until they just can't go on. 

Now as I type this, this image comes to mind:  I am willing to bet I am not the only one who has stood on the side line waiting for two people to pick their team.  You hoped you would be their first choice.  If not first at least second.  But you stood there and watched as everyone else was chosen and you were next to last if not the last.  Hurt didn't it?  Isn't that often times how we do God?  We choose everything else first.  Everyone else first.  He is often the last to be picked.  Or at least that is how it sometimes has worked and sad to say, still works with me.  I take Him for granted because I know He will always be there.  Remember He loves us with an everlasting love. As I have thought on this these past few days, it has made me feel so sad.  Guilty.  To think that my Heavenly Father loved me so much that He gave all He had.  He sacrificed all He had.  My Jesus was so willing to take on my sin.  He was beaten, spit upon, nailed to a cross for me.  And how many times have I made Him stand on the sideline?  Knowing He has loved me with an everlasting love.  Knowing.  I can see Him standing there now.  The look of disappointment on His face.  Loving me. Waiting on me to call on Him.  I think I may not be so quick to choose the other stuff first anymore.  Because I can see Him standing there. Waiting.  So why not pick Him first?  Why not say I love you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment