Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day D!

Don't you just love that look?  I see it so often.  (I smile)  I would have really liked for the boys to have hacked the blog & typed one up.  You know, kind words about their dad, but then I woke up.  So I thought I would do it for them.  They may not realize it just yet but I do believe they have a pretty good idea of the kind of father they have.  I believe with everything in me this man would go to the ends of the earth for his boys.  I will never forget how happy he was on June 17, 1994.  He had a son.  And then just a couple of years later, another one.  God knew what He was doing. 

This is so typical of him.  Giving them instructions.  Even if it was just putt putt golf.  It doesn't matter if it is golf, baseball, basketball, trucks, or scripture he is always teaching & instructing them. Here he was telling the young one how to line it up as the big one watchs' and listens.   I have to laugh.



Here he is telling him not to cheat on the score card.  One thing they both have in common, neither of them like to lose at anything. 

To the oldest, his dad really did hang the moon.  And if Dad said it then it must be true.

I love this one.  All my boys.  I could have never walked out in this world and hand picked a better man.  He loves his family.  He doesn't believe in just saying the words.  His actions speak more than any word ever could.  And I have no doubts at all that, when these boys are grown, with hopefully their own sons, they will look back and recall all the things their father did for them and they will pass it all on to their own.  He is leaving them with an inheritance that is for sure.  And I don't mean a lot of money.  It is far more valuable than that.  They know without any doubts that he clings on to our Heavenly Father for everything.  And as a mama, if one or both of them said I want to grow up and be like my dad, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment