Saturday, June 11, 2011

His Life for Mine (Worship Video w/ Lyrics)


Let's just call this a throw up session.  No, I'm not sick.  Just fixing to spew a little bit.  Let me start by saying that just because I don't post everyday doesn't mean I am not seeking & searching.  You see I can't type anything here unless God says so.  So, let's go.  As I stated in my last post I have had a heavy heart.  For reasons I can't really explain but I think I'm getting there.  You see growing up I think I put some of my pastors & their families on a pedestal of sorts.  Let me be the first to tell you & beg you to please not put our family there.  We are human just like you are.  My boys don't listen to southern gospel music because their daddy is a preacher.  Yes they do sometimes listen to some contemporary Christian music, some praise & worship & some country.  We also know who Kid Rock is not that we listen to him, but I think you get what I am saying.  Yes, we have let them choose their music.  I would be a hypocrite if I didn't.  I love music of all kinds.  Frank, Ella, Norah, you get the idea.  And no, we haven't planted the seed in their minds or hearts that just because their daddy is a preacher it makes us holier than anyone else.  Because it don't! 
Anyway, I have decided that part of my heavy heart has come from some persecution (I call it that) for my belief.  You see someone I highly respected (& obviously had them on a pedestal) couldn't understand a decision I made based on the fact I followed my heart to do what I felt led to do by my Father.  Do I regret it?  Nope.  Did it hurt me & bother me because they didn't understand?  Yes.  But I have to be honest, I didn't give them all the details  because I knew they wouldn't understand. 

God knew when He placed me in my mother's womb the plans He had for me.  He knew when He placed D in his mother's womb the plans He had for him.  He knew when He placed us together the plans He had.  He still knows & I am still seeking.  I have been doing that alot here lately.  In our Sunday School class we have been studying the call of the disciples.  Mainly John.  Jesus knew when He called those guys that Peter would deny Him.  He knew Judas would betray Him.  He knew John would stay. But He still called them. So I have been rolling around His call.  What has He really called me to do?  I think He has shown me again.  I believe He has called me to do just what I am doing.  He called me for such a time is this. 

This may sound selfish & I hope no one takes it the wrong way, but, as this song says, My Jesus gave His life for mine.  Yes it is a universal gift.  But once received it becomes personal. And I take it very personal.  I can't make anyone want it.  I can only live, tell, & show others what He done for me.  If someone is offended because of my faith, my belief, oh well.  I can't apologize.  You see, I had rather offend you than disobey the ONE who gave His life for mine.  I have so much to be thankful for.  We all do.  He deserves so much praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment