Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where is your center anchored?





So the preacher, myself, & the boys (samps included) took a few days off and went camping.  Yes I typed it correctly.  Camping.   It wasn't anything new to us.  He grew up camping.  To some degree, I did too.  So we carried the boys.  We done a little boating, tubing and they did a little fishing while Samps and I stayed in where it was nice and cool. 
While they were out fishing I stayed back and worked on the Sunday School lesson.  And for some reason or another, Daddy led me to John 21.  We are studying John these days, but this particular verse wasn't on the map for the lesson.  John 21: 6 Jesus tells the boys "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."  Verse 7 is what got me.  "Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!"  Do you see it?  Poor Peter was so busy with the task at hand, he didn't even realize that it was Jesus.  How many times have I been just like Peter?  More than I would like to count.  It is presumed that John is the one who recognized Him & told Peter who it was.  Oh to be more like John.  I realize that John was younger than Peter.  So that explains it a lil better.  As a busy mother and wife, I get so caught up in the business of life I often miss Him too.  So often though, I wish I could be more John like.  To be young enough, laid back enough, slow enough to recognize Him when He speaks.  But it takes bells and whistles for Him to sometimes get my attention.




 However, when He does get my attention there is no room for doubt.  I don't have to ask who He is.  I don't have to have one of my boys to tell me it is Him.  I Know!  And boy do I love hearing that voice.   As I sat lakeside and watched as others played and fished I wondered if they know Him.  I have to admit, I am warped that way.  I even wonder if some think I am just down right weird.  But I can't help it.  In her devotional book "Jesus Calling" Sarah Young wrote these words.  They pierced my heart.  "Come to me continually.  I am meant to be the Center of your consciousness, the Anchor of your soul.  Your mind will wander from Me, but the question is how far you allow it to wander.  An anchor on a short rope lets a boat drift only slightly before the taut line tugs the boat back toward the center.  Similarly, as you drift away from Me, My Spirit within you gives a tug, prompting you to return to Me.  As you become increasingly attuned to My Presence, the length of rope on your soul's Anchor is shortened.  You wander only a short distance before feeling the inner tug telling you to return to your true Center in Me."  He even used Samps.  Where we stayed the dogs had to be kept on a leash.  (Like I was gonna let him run? Please!)  I could let him run ahead but if he started in a direction that I didn't want him going all I had to do was lock the leash and bring him back a little closer to me.  Our Father is no different.  We are a lot like Sampson.  We are on a leash.  Only difference is, do we recognize the pull back to the Father when we go the wrong way?


So I came to the conclusion if I come across weird, so be it. I may be like Peter and get caught up in the busyness but I have my center anchored.  And believe me, I am holding on for dear life.  I'm not letting go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment