Monday, August 8, 2011

Are you Peter or someone else?

In my last post I talked about John and his ability to recoginze Jesus while Peter was so busy trying to fish.  Our lesson in Sunday School yesterday was on this paticular scene.  However Peter was the one we focused on.  I am beginning to realize that maybe I am a little more like Peter than I thought.  You see, once before, Christ appeared to the boys while they were fishing and Peter ask if he could walk on the water.  But in John 21, Peter just jumps out of the boat and swims to Jesus.  How radical.  A lot of people don't like to go overboard.  On anything!  They don't want to rock the boat or even the chair.  But I do believe as the preacher spoke yesterday morning, it is high time we as Christians do just that.  It is time we go overboard.  Rock the boat.  And as I told the ladies in class,  if I seem too radical or as going overboard and you are offended by me or my actions, I hate it for you.  I serve a risen Savior who has done too much for me, for me to just sit and watch the world go by and not praise Him for it.  I don't want to be the one who sticks out like a sore thumb in heaven.  It will be a party there and I am not going to be sittin on the sidelines watchin everyone else have a good time.  My point is this: if you are not comfortable giving Daddy some praise here, you sure won't be there.  It is that simple.  He so good y'all!  He deserves so much more that what I give Him.  He has yet to go one day without providing a need. Peter decided to jump while everyone else stayed in the boat. They stayed safe and rode the boat ashore.  So I guess we could really be Peter in one of two ways.  We can be the one who denies Christ or we could be the one who jumps ship in a radical move because we are so desperate to get to Him.  I'd like to think I am the latter of the two.  How bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment