Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunrise

You know the ol saying " You can't see the forest for the trees"?  Well, as I was outside with Samps that is exactly what I thought of.  Many of you may know where we live.  And if you do, you also know we are surrounded by trees.  This keeps us from seeing a sunrise or a sunset.  Let me say that I am not complaining.  Anyway, as Samps was walking around the yard I got to really looking at the sky.  And as I did, this is what I saw.....




Looks kinda dark doesn't it?  If you look close enough you can see the fence.  The bright light in the trees is of course the sun coming up.


So as I pondered on this I heard Daddy say, ever so softly, "looks kinda like Me doesn't it?"  So I stopped again and thought.  Yep you're right.  Point here is this:  I may not can always see the sunrise or sunset because of the trees.  But just because I can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there or isn't happening.  Same with Daddy.  Just because I can't always see Him or hear Him, doesn't mean He isn't there.  He Is.  Always has been.  Always will be.
Sometimes I just get so busy with life and the busyness of it I just forget to look.  Sometimes I let life's frustrations, (which often times seem to be a lot) keep me from looking.  Sometimes in this world we live in I often wonder where in the world did You go?  I can't see you in all the mess.  But that is just my problem.  I am looking at the mess.  The frustrations.  The busyness.  And I am not looking for Him.  But He is there.  Just because the trees were there, it didn't stop the sun from coming up.  I just needed to look a little harder and stay a little longer.   




So today I encourage you to stay a little longer.  In your mess.  Your frustration.  Your busyness.  And see if you don't find Him there.  Because He is.  There.

No comments:

Post a Comment