Friday, August 26, 2011

We get to open presents today!!!

Psalm 118:24 goes something like this: "This is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it."  As I thought on this verse this morning Daddy done some talking again.  I don't know how it is at your house on Christmas morning but around here, it is some kind of morning.  We do Christmas pretty big.  D especially loves, loves, loves, to give gifts.  Notice I said give.  So as I was pondering this verse this morning the question came to me: Really?  I can just see my Father in heaven, sitting on His throne just waiting for us all to jump out of bed with the excitement of Christmas morning.  Only we don't.  He loves to give gifts more than D.  More than anyone.  And this day will be full of them.  So why don't we jump out of bed with the excitement and anticipation of waiting and seeing what gifts we will get to open today.  They are there you know?  Waiting on us to open them up.  To rejoice in this day is a choice we make.  So why not change my perspective.  Instead of dreading all that will have to be done in this day, approach it with enthusiasm & wonder.  Daddy wants to pour out blessing upon blessing.  In fact He does.  We just don't take the time to slow down and unwrap them.  A facebook friend had a post recently that ask this question:  "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?"  Today is the day my Father has made.  It is full of gifts.  I got to get busy unwrapping them.  Have a great Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment