Thursday, November 3, 2011

Count your blessings name them one by one

On November 1 there was a post on facebook challenging everyone to post at least one thing a day that they were thankful for.  I just kinda blew it off and didn't bother.  But today as I was cleaning up around the house that still small voice that I love to hear spoke.  I heard "Daddy" say why not post it on the blog each day.  Well, I pondered this and thought ok.  I realize that this is the third of November.  With that in mind I will list three things.  So bear with me.  

I am thankful that I know the man portrayed in the picture below.  I know Him more than just this image.  I can remember a picture very similar to this that hung in a classroom in the basement of my home church when I was little.   Sad thing is, this is as close as some people want to get to Him.  I am thankful that He was willing to die a cruel death for me.  I am thankful His blood covers me.




November 2...I am so thankful for the other three people in this picture.  My word, they are my life.  They are what I get up for each day.  They complete me.  They are who I am.  (and a side note, I am thankful for the time we spend where this photo is taken.  It is my home away from here.)




November 3....I am thankful for this lady pictured below.  She is my mama.  I am thankful for our family.  She and daddy gave us roots.  They taught us what is important.  They didn't just tell us to have faith.  They didn't just tell us about God.  They lived it in front of us and behind closed doors.  They gave us our inheritance and it is worth more than money.

November is a good month despite the changes in nature, which by the way, is beautiful, and the changes in the weather.  It calls us at least one day to look back, reflect and be thankful.  Which in my opinion, leads right up to December where it all began.  His birth.  Without it, we couldn't count our blessings and name them one by one.  I challenge you today to start counting and see how many you can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment