Friday, December 23, 2011

A promise

Isaiah 9:1a, 2 ,6 & 7: "Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress.
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light: on those living the the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned. 
For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.  He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.  The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this."
Folks we have this promise from long ago.  Matthew 2 tells of the Magi visiting this baby.  They fell and worshipped Him long before He turned the water into wine.  They fell and worshipped Him long before He bled and died.  All He had done at this point was enter the world. 
Luke 2 tells of the shepherds visit and how excited they were.  They couldn't keep it a secret. 
Luke 1 tells of the angel telling Mary what will happen and her saying "Yes!"
This Christmas I am so thankful that I have this promise.  To know He came just as it was told in Isaiah.  To know that He is my light in this dark world.  To know that He is my Counselor, my Mighty God, my Everlasting Father, my Prince of Peace.  To know that He is still reigning on His throne.  To know that no matter what I am the apple of His eye and He loves me.
Oh, to have the faith and humbleness that the Magi did.  To have the fire that the shepherds did.  To have the servant's heart that Mary and Joseph did. 
It is Christmas Eve Eve.  As Christmas morning draws closer, my heart melts a little more.  I am drawn a little closer to that stable, to that cross, to that Resurrection.  I am drawn a little closer to the heart of my Father.  My "Daddy".
Oh how He loves us!
Merry Chirstmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment