Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Somebody has a birthday!

On the second anniversary of thirty-nine I haven't changed one bit.  Have I?

This is one time I hope my brother and sister don't read this.  They will want to kill me. (I am smiling)  Do you see I am holding up one finger.  Must have been that I was somewhere around the age of one. And the year was 1970 something.

I have no idea how old I was here.  But I was adorable wasn't I?

And here too!

Then there was this!  Oh my word!  He came along and the rest is history!

Then he came along!


And then him!  His card to me today said to keep smiling.  He could have been twins! lol  Always my comedian.

I can't leave him out!
I will have to say that I had my resolutions for last years birthday.  It was a significant year.  A milestone.  It has taken me a year to come to grips with it.  Why is that so hard?  But today I can say with pleasure (I think)  that I have walked this earth for a full forty years.  Today marks the beginning of forty-one.  There I said it.  I am forty-one today.  God has blessed me far beyond what I deserve.  He has giving far more than what I need.  And I am so thankful.  Many have posted on Facebook.  Many have called.  Many have sent texts.  I thank you all so much.   If you know me at all you know that "It's a Wonderful Life" is one of my all time favorite movies.  At the end Clarence gets his wings and writes in the book to George "A man is no failure who has friends."  I am so thankful for my family and my friends.   So many people live this life and make nothing of it.  They have no one or nothing to show.  I may not have a lot to show, but what I do have, I am ever thankful for it.  And my hope is that in the next forty I will praise Him well.  Because without Him, I have nothing.
Again, now that Christmas of 2011 has come and gone I am ready for warm weather and flip flops.  But until then I literally have some partyin to do today because it is my birthday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment