Friday, January 6, 2012

Joy

I fell in love with this the moment I saw it on pinterest.  Since then, I have repeated it over and over in my head.  I even quoted it to a student the other day.  Funny how our God works.  Last year some of the blogs I follow were talking about and challenging their readers to choose one word for the upcoming year.  So I pondered and thought about it.  My word for the year was "praise".  In fact, my scripture was Psalms 119:175.  "Let me live that I may praise you..."  I even have it on a bracelet.  "Praise  Him Well".  So again this year this challenge has come up.  And for whatever reason this word keeps showing up.  Joy. 
We have choices to make each and everyday that our feet hit the floor.  Some days those are hard to make.  Oh I can say I am going to praise Him well.  But did I?  I mean really?  We all know He deserves more than we can ever give.  But did I give enough?  No.  I could have given so much more.  I can say I will choose joy.  But will I?  The choice is mine.  God has given me no reason at all not to.  There is no reason at all for me and you not to choose joy.  Yes we may face things on a daily basis that will get us down.  But they only get us down because we let them.  
Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
So, for today and the rest of this new year, I want to "Choose Joy".  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment