Sunday, January 8, 2012

Just Sayin'

I will admit that football has never, nor will it ever be my number one interest.  Shopping, shoes, purses, chocolate, baseball, basketball?  Now all of those things I can get into.  Football?  Not so much.  I know just enough.  However, I do know who Tim Tebow is.  I do know that there are several who don't really like him.  I do know that there have been some who have made fun of him and his belief.  I do know he isn't ashamed of his belief.  I do know he isn't ashamed of his heavenly Father.  I do know he isn't ashamed to give his Father praise on the football field in front of everyone.  I do know that there are some who wish he would take his praise and save it for the locker room, his ride home, maybe even his home.  I find myself wondering why?  Maybe it makes them uncomfortable.  Maybe it makes them examine their relationship.  Maybe they are finding they wish they could be more like him and have what he has.  I don't know.  I do know that Psalm 22:3 says He inhabits the praise of His people.  So for what it is worth, I don't have a problem with Tim Tebow.  I don't care how he plays football and if his passes are good.  I just wish we were all a little more like him in the fact that he isn't ashamed.  Psalm 22:6 goes on to say "But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by men and despised by the people.  7)All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their head. 8)He trust in the Lord; let the Lord rescue him.  Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."  From what I have seen and heard, I say that Tim Tebow delights in giving our Father praise.  And because of that, I think our Father delights in making all of these passes turn to gold touchdowns.

1 comment: