Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What is your treasure?

I went to Wal Mart.  I know I live an exciting life.  Our pretty boy doesn't always get a new toy when I go.  Unlike our boys, who, when they were little would get "something" every time.  I know, call them spoiled.  They are.  They know it.  We know it.  Samps is also spoiled but not like they were.  But when he gets a new toy he latches on for a while.  It becomes his new favorite.  This one is no different.  When I took this picture I heard that still small voice.  You see, here it is nearly four days after getting the new toy and you can ask him where it is and if it isn't in the room with him, he will go through the house looking for it .  My point is this; why can't we be more like him when it comes to our relationship with our Heavenly Father or His word.  We all have heard the quote that you can tell who uses their Bible by the look of the cover or the pages.  How many so called Christians take the word to church on Sunday yet never pick it back up until the next time they attend church?  If His word is important to us we will know where it is.  Psalm 119:11 says "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." If it is important to us we will do it well.  Not half way.  If it is important to us we will know where it is.  D or the boys will never lose the remote to the TV.  Our cell phones are attached to us somewhere.  If it is important we take care of it.  Matthew 6:21 says "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."  So what is your treasure?  Where is your treasure?  That still small voice also said "You need to do better."  I said "I know."  Who knew "Daddy" would talk to me via my pretty boy?  But then again He did speak through a donkey one time.

1 comment: