Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day weekend.

It is with great pleasure that I tell you that the person on this jet ski is my husband.  This is what we did on Saturday.  I have wondered why you don't realize how stressed you are until the reason for the stress isn't there.  School is out.  Finally.  I was able to breath a little better.  I need to prepare you for the pictures you are about to view.  If you are a member of our church and are friends with me on face book, you have seen these already.  If not, well, they will speak for themselves.
This is D's sister.  My sister in law.  Partner in crime.  We are waiting patiently to head out.  But when you have a crew of fifteen it takes a while.  I hope you all have enjoyed the blog because after this, she will kill me. Ha! Ha!

Now there is alot to say about this.  Our boat became known as the "Holy" boat for a couple of reasons.  This picture explains one of them.  The other was because the preacher was the captain.  I know, we are a messed up bunch of people.  Now let me explain why we were just sitting ducks.  A lake trip with our bunch never goes without something tearing up.  It took three trips to get everyone into the water.  1) someone had to drop the kids & jet ski's.  2) someone had to drop the pontoon.  3) someone had to drop the "holy" boat.
The kids were 1st & we were 2nd.  By the time we got in the water the big boy had issues with his jet ski.  So we had to anchor out & wait.  Patience isn't one of my best virtues.  Any way, we are watching as they work on the jet ski. 

See what I mean?

Now we are in business.  Everyone had a turn to ride.  This is one of the nephews with one of his sons and one of the brother's soon to be step son.

Same nephew with the other two.  One son one soon to be step nephew.

This is the other nephew with his soon to be step son.  But you can already tell, he loves both of these boys like they were his and boy do those boys love him.  It doesn't matter at all to us.  They are family.

Well, there just aren't words for these next pictures other than this was all they have been able to talk about for weeks.


Well, they haven't really talked about him.

But this.

After a long day the preacher fixes some home made ice cream.

Notice the, well, I would say "tan" lines, but....notice the burn lines on the preacher.  I am soaking him with apple cider vinegar because someone said it would help.  In the mean time we were fussing about their ages.  I won!!!!  She is older than she thought. 

Here he is sitting with his ice cream. And let me tell you, it was good!


I just can't finish and not share this.  The lady getting on the jet ski with D is his brother in law's (the one on the pontoon)mother.  She is seventy nine.  Yes you read it right.  There is no type o's.  Seventy nine! People!

And here they are.  And no they did not go this slow the whole time.

See!  Racing the grandson & great grandkids.  Lord have mercy we laughed.  But I hope at sevety nine I can just still climb on the boat.


No comments:

Post a Comment