Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Problems and Lessons

This my friends is my new ride.  D, the boys and everyone else probably thinks I have lost my ever lovin mind.  Maybe I have.  Being married to a preacher/car dealer, there isn't much I haven't driven.  But deep down in my teenage heart, I have always secretly thought it would be fun to have one of these.
 Being that one child is eighteen and the other is less than a year from sixteen, mom goes by herself almost everywhere she goes now.  So I asked D, who was in the process of looking for me something else besides my usual Tahoe, about one of these.  I should have known when I asked him about one of these he would get one.  He's good like that.  I have to be careful when thinking out loud around him. When thoughts are spoken around him they usually become reality.  You would think I would have learned by now.  Anyway,  this came as a surprise to my boys just like me playing the organ at church.  SHOCK!  No one knew I knew how.  No one knew these inner wanderings until I spoke them.  But my boys have drove me nuts over this.  Take the top off.  Take the top off.  All of it!  Can I drive it? Let me drive it.  You need to do this, you need that.....
So Friday came, it was a stressful day, but the oldest had a date, and yes, he had wanted to drive it on his date.  I had my reservations about it.  I mean D had practically scared me silly in even thinking I wanted it.  It doesn't have cruise (which may be a problem for me) don't over correct, etc.  So I really didn't want him driving it to his destination.  His words were "mom, you worry too much."  Anyway dad let him drive it not knowing the child and I had already discussed the issue.  I was fit to be tied.  But, God was at work. After they left He began to soften my heart (as I cleaned and cleaned on the house) and I began to listen.  How much my child and I are alike.  And I bet if you think about it, you are the same as us.  How often do we go to our Heavenly Father with request, questions, pondering's, worries.  And when He doesn't give us the answer we want, we go to someone who will give us the answer we want. Knowing all along that the answer He has given is the right one.  But instead we get on the phone and call the BFF and get their advice.  We just do what we want because it is what we want.  We ask Him first, but we don't let Him finish. 
The boy and his date made it fine to their destination.  They made it safely home.  No problems  He sent me a text to say "Jeep did good."  My reply was "of course it did."  Of course I was praying the whole time for God's protection.  He finished. 
And believe me, from now on when I ask Him for something, I will do my best to accept His answer and let Him finish.  To be ok with His answer and only call the BFF's to see how they are and just talk girl stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment