Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stress relief

This is where it happens.  This is where the stress is taken out.  This is where I have often met with my Father.  Only, here lately, it hasn't been happening too much.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe because of something called life, kids, house, work computer....
But a few weeks ago the oldest asked why I never play it any more.  I barely heard him.  But I did.  The question has been learking.
Let me take you back several years ago.  I remember being in 1st grade and begging my mother to let me take piano lessons.  She finally gave in thinking I would quit.  But I didn't.  I took lessons until I was a junior in high school.  Was I a slow learner?  No not really.  I just took during the school year.  Never during the summer.  Am I a professional, classical player?  NOPE!  Not on your life.  My mother would tell me get the hymn book and play a verse of every song.  Did I like doing that?  No!  Absolutly not.  Did I like to practice?  Nope.  Not at all.  Can I tell you the key I am playing in?  Nope.   It's an odd thing really.  My way of playing.  It's an odd thing, they way fingers move on the keys.  My teachers had a fit with it and me.  I only wanted to play the songs I knew.  I could hear them in my head.  I never cared to learn anything new.  Still don't. 
There have been many songs played and practiced on these keys.  When troubles and stress came this is where I went.  This is where I met with "Daddy."
There have been many Sunday mornings as D was getting ready for church that I would sit down and play. Kind of getting my fingers ready for the worship service.  But I haven't done that in a while.  Until this past Sunday.  And as I did, the youngest asked " Why don't you play anymore?"  See the question is still learking.  I wondered myself. 
So today when the house was quiet these keys called my name.  So I found myself sitting and playing.  And guess who was there?  Yep.  My heavenly Father.  You see playing every hymn paid off.  Because now, playing them and hearing them in my head moves me.  Playing them in the stillness of my home, I feel His prescence.  But it also tells me my boys must have been listening and enjoying it too. (I hope)
Do you have a special place that you meet with Him?  If so when was the last time you were there?  I bet He's there waiting now.



No comments:

Post a Comment