Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Day of School

   Today, well, today is the first day of school.  Doesn't seem like it was that long ago I was doing this for the first time with him.  Now, I will do it for the last with him.  Seems like only yesterday, I was walking him up the steps to find his classroom.  Today, he will drive himself and his brother.  I have been busy this summer doing the things you do in the summer plus a little more and I haven't really thought about this day.  Until last night.  As I was finishing the day, the memories started coming.  For as long as I can remember I always knew I wanted two children.  Never mattered if they were boys or girls, I just knew I wanted two.  I am so thankful that God entrusted these two to us.  They aren't perfect, but they are ours. 

Son, as you start your senior year, my prayer for you is that you let Jesus shine so brightly in you that your classmates, teammates, teachers, coaches and anyone else that you come in contact with, can't see you for Him.  I pray you let Him continue to lead you.  Whether you realize it or not you are a leader.  You do have people watching you.  And as your mama, I am proud of what they see.



There have been a lot of days to pass since that first day of kindergarten and now here we are.



No comments:

Post a Comment