Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Voice!! I've lost it!

Literally.  I have no voice.  It is gone.  Has been all day.  But I trudged through.  With only a whisper.  Literally.  I will have to say I found some comedy in this today and there were others who did too.  The comedy is that when I started speaking to someone, they too, started to whisper.  I even had some to ask why we were whispering.  But along with the comedy, came some sadness and conviction.  You see, I have lost my voice on more than one level.  I have lost my voice today, physically.  But I have also lost my spiritual voice.  After a few times of people copying me I got to thinking,  if my physical voice has that much influence on people, then what about my spiritual voice.  They had no problem copying and whispering with me, but would they copy how I acted?  And if so, how do they really see me act?  If they were to copy me now, we would all be in big trouble.  My heart attitude isn't the best.  With Christmas right around the corner, although I love the reason we celebrate, the world has placed so much stress on it, that it just makes me come undone and I want to hibernate. 
As I read (quickly I might add) my morning devotion this is what it said "Stay ever so close to Me, and you will not deviate from the path I have prepared for you.  This is the most efficient way to stay on track: it is also the most enjoyable way.  Men tend to multiply duties in their observance of religion.  This practice enables them to give Me money, time, and work without yielding up to Me what I desire the most--their hearts.  Rules can be observed mechanically.  Once they become habitual, they can be followed with minimal effort and almost no thought.  These habit-forming rules provide a false sense of security, lulling the soul into a comatose condition.     What I search for in My children is an awakened soul that thrills to the Joy of My Presence!  I created mankind to glorify Me and enjoy Me forever.  I provide the Joy; your part is to glorify Me by living close to Me." 

I believe we are living in a society who is all about them and what they can get.  Not give.  I have been guilty of this attitude.  I believe we are living in a Christian society that is stuck on rules and just in the habit of calling themselves a Christian.  Guilty of this too.  But God has called us to so much more.  If you have ever experienced the Joy of His presence, you know that there is nothing in this world that will ever compare.  If you haven't ever experienced it maybe you will.
I want a voice that is awakened and that is used to tell of the joys of His presence.  One that doesn't mind yelling from the mountains What a great and mighty God we serve.  One that doesn't mind letting everyone know that it is quite alright for you to copy me because I am walking in the footsteps of Jesus.  When He leads, you can't go wrong.  So if you say you are following Him, then where are you going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment