Monday, February 25, 2013

On saying good bye & hello

The last time I posted all was "right" with the world.  Well, mine anyway.  Christmas came.  We celebrated.  We celebrated like we haven't in years.  Family traveled from far and near.  We ate.  It was over.  January blew in like a cold front in the south.  It was cold and bitter.  And it was bittersweet.  It brought loss.  Loss like we haven't known.  During that loss I found the two little boys I knew so many years ago.  These two big ol' boys became kids again, which was a welcome relief.  We had time on our hands and we weren't sure what to do with it.  But we made it.  Until the end of January.  It brought an even bigger loss.  If you have read any of my posts or know me at all, then you know all about our "pretty boy".  Our family pet of eight years.  He became suddenly ill and didn't make it.  It hurt like I have never known hurt. (And I have known hurt.)  We are all still dealing with it.  With that being said, there is a new pet here now.  It will take a while for him to make his way into this old heart of mine.  I have routines and get stuck in my box.  And one has to work real hard to get in.  I like to think I am not a difficult person.  I just have my ways of doing life.  Anyway...
As I have stated either on here or to the ladies in Sunday School, God used our Samps so much & in so many ways to get to me.  And knowing what I know now, I see that He still is.  The Thelma to my Louise and Ethel to my Lucy, suffered a loss just a couple of weeks after we lost Sampson.  In just listening to her heartbreak, I have listened to "Daddy".  I have had to tell her what I had to tell myself, it won't hurt as bad tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be better.  And it is.  I have had to listen to "Daddy" say "Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning."  It has made me realize that no matter how much I hurt, there is always, always someone else with more pain.  But I serve a God who can and will take care of that pain.  As I sit here and type, I am also watching this new creature try to chew the door facing off of the wall and I am reminded of the verse in Isaiah 43.  "See, I am doing a new thing!"  Sometimes we just don't do well with new.  We have to sit in the pain for a while.  As I type I see the sunshine,  this new little creature is here, and I can see buttercups.  And I can hear "Daddy" say, as I told my "Thelma", chin up buttercup. He will never leave us or forsake us.  He will not let us sit in the pit that long.  And I am reminded during all of this that HE is ALL I need.  Truth be told, HE is All you need too.

                                                                This was my sweet "Pretty Boy".

                                                        Now meet Silas "snots".  And the name fits him well!

No comments:

Post a Comment