Friday, September 20, 2013

Talk about perspective!

There are no cute pictures for this post.  Just two big slaps in the face.  So to speak.  I have had the thought that this weekend is the weekend that fall will officially arrive.  On the calender anyway.  And I have had the thought that I will enter it kicking and screaming. 

I was sharing with a co-worker earlier this week that I had been making notes and trying to find the good things that fall and winter bring.  She said with a big smile on her face "Jesus' Birthday!".  And I said yes. Good point.  I will add it to my list.

But then there was this little girl.  Less than thirty minutes ago.  As I was preparing to leave, I was walking down the hall.  (you co workers reading will know who I am talking about) We met.  And as usual she had a big smile on her face.  I asked if she had had a good day and her reply was yea!  Then, the adult with her said, "As Always."  I thought as I walked away,  And that is the way it should be.  But instead we (I) focus on the ba hum bug of it.  You see, this child is a "special" little girl.  But she wears a big, huge, smile.  Always.  Despite the day.  Despite the season.  I hardly ever see her with out her smile. 

So, talk about perspective.  This afternoon as the rain sets in and fall arrives Sunday, I won't enter it kicking and screaming.  I will embrace it.  It will be the beginning of a new season.  One in which I have no idea what it will hold, but I know who holds it.  It will bring a time of Thanksgiving.  But shouldn't today be a day of Thanksgiving too?  It will bring nice temps and beautiful colors.  It will bring the chance to wear leggings and boots and long sleeves and scarves.   And then we will get to celebrate the best of it all.  A Saviors birthday!

So now, I will go fix a pot of coffee.  I may even get the house cleaned.  I may just go all out and find me some kind of cinnamon spice something to burn in the house.  Because fall is coming and it is a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you drank coffee! ~Allicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I drink Coffee!!!!! I just don't travel with it in my fish bowls! :)

      Delete