Saturday, March 29, 2014

Seventeen and a Prom

He has been 17 for nine days.  Just nine.  And it is Prom day!  I have so much emotion wrapped up in my head & heart today.  Seventeen for nine days & it's prom.  I'm left wondering where the two year old went.  He & his nearly 20 year old brother were babies yesterday.  Wasn't it yesterday?  I could have sworn it was.  I'm not sure what his future holds, but I know Who holds it.  I know he knows too. 

It is Prom day for this youngest.  The one who has been 17 for nine days now.  I have found myself fast forwarding a year.  What will happen in this next year.  But I was reminded not to do that.  Just enjoy today.  So.....
 
It begins with these.  As I opened everything up to get it all ready, there were these.  Just your cuff links & snazzy little buttons. 
 
And keeping with his personality there were these...
Her dress is pink. So to go with the flow and match we have a pink tie & vest.  But, socks?  Well, they are his contribution to being him.  The him that his mama loves.  The clown.  The him that makes me laugh & pull my hair out.
 
Then there were these...
 
Mighty big shoes.  Shoes that no two year old could ever wear.  I've looked for that two year old today.  But instead I found this...
 
 
The one who has been 17 for nine days.  And it is Prom Night.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment