Friday, April 4, 2014

Twenty four years & all good gifts

I am only working on this post now because the place is quiet and I have been knee deep in the word this morning.  Plus it is raining here and I can't get out on the balcony to see and hear...

Has it really been twenty four years???  This time twenty four years ago I was knee deep in wedding preparations.  I mean I was marrying my love in two days.  And now, twenty four years later, I am way deeper than knee deep.  That sixteen year old boy stole my heart, became the love of my life and still is.  God is first & foremost my rock, my hiding place, my all.  But this man, oh this man, is the boulder I lean on.  My safety net.  My life.  I can't imagine doing this life with out him. 

James 1:17 says "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  I was forced to look back over my life.  To break in down into quarters.  And indeed, every good & perfect gift has been given.  I was also led to Deuteronomy 26:11 "rejoice in all the good things the Lord your God has given you and your household."  And boy has He given us.  I can't begin to count them all.  Bottom line is this:  My heavenly Father has blessed my family far more than we deserve.  Twenty four years ago, the odds were stacked against us.  Why?  Mainly because God wasn't a priority.  For either of us.  Oh, we knew Him.  But to be surrendered to His will?  Nope.  But oh what a difference surrender makes!!! 

So this weekend, we are celebrating.  I miss my boys more than they care to know.  I will even go out on a limb and say I even miss Silas.  But I am having the time of my life with my love. 

And just in case you are wondering where we are:

I did this yesterday afternoon.  AHHHH!!!!
 
 
I had these for supper last night.
 
And these next ones are old but some of my favorite!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can't help it or take credit for any of it. 
Our Father made us who we are and then He put us together.  And I wouldn't change a thing!
Happy 24 to us!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment