Thursday, June 26, 2014

Blessings, spilled milk & sugar, and walking by faith

A big decision has been  looming for some time now.  One in which I have been on & off of the fence with.  But every single time I have questioned, there was confirmation.  EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!!!   This particular day was no different.  I was back on the fence as high as I could get.  I even had a big bag of what ifs with me.  The day & night before, Jeremiah 29:11 had rolled through my head all day & I even fell asleep with it still playing. (Which gave great peace).  I got up the next morning, more torn than ever before.  My bag of what ifs even bigger than before.  I gave up sitting pool side & reading.  I knew better.  I couldn't get myself or my brain still.  So what do you do when you can't settle yourself down?  You go to Wal mart.  (I roll my eyes now) I darted up and down isles quicker than the road runner running from the coyote.  

I got back home & when I opened the back of the jeep this is what I found.....
My sugar had some how spilled out.  I wasn't happy.  I unloaded everything that needed to go in the house.  Then I proceed to put the things in the outside fridge.  That is when I found this...


 
Spilled milk.  I really wasn't happy now.  NOT AT ALL! 
Back to my fence.  I had been looking for confirmation all day.  Because that is how this has been working.  I doubt. He confirms.  So I'm really beside myself now.  The old saying came to mind "There's no use crying over spilled milk".  I tried to find the confirmation & message in it & couldn't.  I clean up the milk & go back inside to take care of the said bag of sugar.  But I couldn't help but wonder where the sugar came from.  As I inspected the bag I found this....


 
I know you probably can't see it well, but there is a small hole in the bag.  When I spotted it, that still small voice spoke..."See if that much sugar can come out of a hole that small, then can you imagine the blessings I am about to pour out on you?"  About the time all of this is going on I look up to see what song is playing on the TV & it is "Walk by Faith" by Jeremy Camp.  You know, the one that says, "I will walk by faith even when I can not see".  Yep that one.  And I promise you I am not making any of this up.  I am not THAT creative.  So, I jumped off the fence.  Had a small cry.  Not over the milk or sugar, but because my God supplies my needs & the needs of my family.  With that being said, I am now walking by faith more than ever before.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment