Friday, June 6, 2014

Remember when

 
As I was on my way to Walmart (a trip that I despise making) I had my feel good play list playing.  So on the way back home, I just plugged her back up to listen some more.  One song came on not far from home & I couldn't help but think about one of the great nephews.  He just loved this particular song a couple of summers ago.  It was a smash country hit.  I was reminded of that summer.  The fun & the memories that were made.  As I pulled in the driveway another came on & I couldn't help but think of the memories made back in the mid 90's.  I was a 20 something year old with a toddler & baby.  I instantly went back to the old living room with an episode of "Friends". 
And if you let me hear anything from the late 70's & 80's, I'm  a teenager, in a teenage girl's room, living here....
 
 
 This was & is home.  Mom & Dad build it in the late 70's.  I was mortified that they pulled me from the small town & stuck me in the country.  Hence, making me ride a school bus.  I didn't like country life.  Well, I didn't like living in the country.

Mom was out of town so she had me checking on things for her.  She's approximately five miles from me, so venturing out isn't a big deal.  On my way I could tell another round of rain was on the way.  I couldn't resist stopping for this.

 
I grew up around these fields.  They surrounded me.

 
I couldn't find the beauty in these flat fields that produce beans, corn & wheat.  But now, I appreciate them.  I see the beauty.  That house up there has become a favorite place for some.  A refuge so to speak.  It was on that stinkin school bus that I met my man. 
See, God does have a plan.  And as I look back & remember when, I am so thankful He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment