Monday, July 28, 2014

Sifting through all the "Sifting"

Way back when, I posted about a Women's Conference that would be held.  The big day finally came this past Saturday.  The closer the day got, the more spiritual warfare everyone involved came under.  As Friday night came, I was worse than a kid on Christmas Eve.  As Saturday morning came, well, I asked myself why in the world I was even bothering putting on makeup.  I knew by then time it was over I would have cried it all off.  I wasn't wrong.  You see, from the very beginning, I knew this day would be big.  I never doubted for a minute that God was in it & had ordained it.  I never doubted or even wondered if He would show up.  I KNEW HE WOULD.  What I was amazed at the most was the response of all these women.  I thought it would be great to have 50 women there.  I just never thought over 130.  But it just proves that you never underestimate God. 

In my last post I spoke of a jump that I had taken.  But I didn't give that jump a name.  The jump was one of huge faith.  I quit the job that I have had for the last ten years.  I will be helping my man in his business.  I laugh and say I will now be at his beck & call for sure.  And that's ok.  However, on the other side of that, I have no idea what I will get into.   It may not ever amount to anything but because of all the confirmations He has shown I'm willing to wait it out and see. 

Several commented Saturday on another conference.  Maybe there will be one, maybe there won't.  I can't say right now.  All I can say is I hope so. 

I can't thank the ladies that spoke or the ladies that sang enough.  My people at Laneview Baptist Church, you are the best.  You are a mighty fine group of people.  From the prayers, to the food, to the men serving, none of it would have been possible without your willingness. 

As the ladies each stood behind that pulpit, whether it was to sing or speak, I felt like a proud mama.  I knew how hard it was for them to open their mouth's & share.  Nerves had been shaken & Satan tried his best.  But our God is bigger.  And above all else, I am so, so thankful that He chose me to get it together.  It was an easy thing to do really.  I just asked the girls. They said yes.  And He did the rest.  I was just honored sit on the sideline and watch Him work.  And I'm telling you, it was amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment