Thursday, August 28, 2014

The man. The bus driver. The husband. Who was he?

Have you ever felt like this?  Just worn out?  So tired.   Let me explain what had happened before this photo was taken.  Let's just say we had an unexpected guest with us today.  A 14-16 month old little girl.  He didn't get his morning nap.  She finally fell asleep and so did he.  When I turned around & saw this I was taken back to Memphis.  Have I mentioned that yet?  That I went to Memphis this past Friday & Saturday?  I know I did.  I didn't see that many men in the place Friday night.  Not to say there weren't some there.  I just didn't see that many.  It isn't unusual to see no men.  It is a "women's conference" so why would men be there?  But Saturday morning brought a different spin.  I am a people watcher and I have a very active imagination. Once we had gotten in our seats and the event was about to begin, a man came to the row in front of us.  He didn't sit on the end.  He had to climb across four women to get to his seat.  I wondered about him but just thought he is with his wife.  How sweet.  I didn't focus on it at all.  I participated in worship.  I listened intently to what Beth Moore was saying.  I listened intently to what God was saying.  When it was time, we stood again, had prayer. A time of worship and then a break.  As folks were stretching & moving around I heard one of the ladies say to the man "We need to go get so and so & get her down there & pray over her."  He replied, "She said she was in the van."  I thought "What? In the van?  It's 200 degrees outside.  Why would anyone be in a van??"  So my mind began to wonder.  "Who is this man?  Is he their preacher? A bus driver?  The husband to one of these ladies?  WHO? IS? THIS? MAN?"  Some time went by & I finally asked one of the little "older" ladies "Who is the man with y'all?  Is he your pastor?  Your bus driver?  A husband to one of you?"  Her reply was this:  "Yes. He is our bus driver & the husband to one of the ladies with us.  But she's an addict & we can't keep up with her.  He is a new Christian of about five months."  What???  I was done.  We talked a little bit.  She told me where they were from.  What the couple's names were.  But the mind blowing thing to me was this:  The man looked to be in his late 40's early 50's.  He was IN this conference.  Not only was he in, he participated.  I know.  I watched him!  (not like stalk watched but watched)  This man was a babe in Christ.  A five month babe at that.  He gave up his Friday & Saturday.  To drive women! To a women's conference.  He participated in it! 
I know you are wondering how the dog made me think about Memphis.  Well how are you holding up?  Where's our joy & our fire??? If you are like me, you may have been a Christian a long time.  Well, if you have been a Christian a long time shouldn't we be a whole lot closer than what we are?  We've known Him longer.  This man was new!  So if we have known Christ a while shouldn't we be more in love with Him now than then?  But are we????? 
I don't know.  I just have had that couple on my mind & heart since the moment that little lady told me this.  And I am thinking God bless that man.  He had a choice and he chose to serve.  One of the songs that was sang was "There is power in the name of Jesus. To break every chain."  I am praying for this couple.  I am standing in the gap for them.  That God will break the chains that bind them.  And the next time there is a conference & her husband is the driver, she will walk with her head held high & sit with him in that place and let the Spirit of God wash over them both.  I hope you will join me in praying for them.  It doesn't matter what their name is.  They have been brought to your attention.  Imagine that being you.  Wouldn't you want to know someone was standing in the gap for you & yours? 
 
I know this may have been some heavy stuff to read so to lighten it up a bit, this was a small portion of what the dog had to deal with.   She was pulling both his beds down the hall.  He got very little rest. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment