Friday, September 26, 2014

First Fashion post ever!


This is a first.  Maybe of many.  Maybe the only one.  We we will see what kind of response I get.  If the over all response is good then look for a fashion post on Thursday's.  I've told you all that I was looking at making some changes.  This was one of them.  I'm passionate about a lot of things.  Fashion has always been one of them.  I remember growing up I paid attention to the styles and what the older girls around me were wearing.  Mom & dad lived on a budget, which was fine.  I had what I needed.  Not always what I wanted.  That didn't keep me from noticing the details.  As I grew it intensified.  Again, there was a budget.  That budget thing is a killer.  Still is. But it still doesn't keep me from paying attention.  I have had women to comment on my selection of clothing & style for some time now.  Thing of it is this, you either like it or you don't.  Pretty much my theory on life.  You either like  me or you don't.  Anyway, I thought we would try this approach.
I like to take pictures, just not of myself.  So don't expect to see a lot of me posing in outfits. (or at least I don't plan on that.  Again, this is a trial run.)   This may be a hodge podge of outfits I find on Pinterest that I like or would do differently.  This is the first example:



 
I found this on www.atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com.  I like the overall look. I'm  just not that crazy about the horses on the dress or the very tall knee boots.  I had rather the dress be solid & the boots be shorter.  However, if you like horses & tall knee boots, go for it.  I think it is modest enough yet very trendy & stylish.
 


 
I found this outfit on pinterest.  I love a good bell bottom jean.  I finally found a pair last winter.  Yes, I have to wear heels with them, but that is fine by me.  One of the most irritating things I have found about being over 40, is finding a good jean.  It seems that the jean makers have forgotten that women over 40 still like to wear fashionable jeans & not everyone is a size 0. 
 


 
I absolutely love this.  I can hear my daddy now.  He would have a comment and so would my boys.  D would just roll his eyes and shake his head and go on with it.  Of course being over 40 I would pair this with a longer skirt or skinny jeans.  Maybe even a pair of distressed shorts or jeans.  I love the whole look though.  Even the hat. 
 
I realize that in our neck of the woods if I were to actually wear some of these styles I would stick out like a sore thumb.  But some days I think that would be just fine.  It is style that sets us apart from everyone else. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment