Friday, September 5, 2014

On Marriage

 
 
I  read a post on facebook in which she explains that she & her husband have just celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary.  She asked him how in the heck people do it for 50 years.  In which they both laugh.  Someone then replied that it is dang hard.  I have to agree.  Those first few years are tough.  But somewhere along the way you both mellow out.  You learn what is worth the fight and what is not.  The kids become your focus.  And before long, you wonder what in the world would you do with out each other. 
 
 
 
 
My last post was another insight to my life.  He has always been on the look out for a good deal.  How else do you think he found me?
 

 
This man of mine has very few serious bones in his body.  I wouldn't have it any other way.


 
There is never a dull moment & some where along this path I just learned to accept it & laugh. 

 
If you are at wits end with your marriage let me encourage you to just tie a knot in the end of your rope and hang on for dear life.  It is worth the fight.  Better yet,  let me also say this, more than hanging on to your rope, hang on to Jesus.  A good, solid marriage takes more than the two of you.  If God isn't in the center of it you are in for a struggle. 
We both know, all too well, what life is like outside of God's will.  And I will say this til they put me in the ground:  I will face anything that life throws at me knowing we are smack dab in the middle of His will than facing anything knowing we are out of His will. 
The best thing you can do for your spouse is this...Pray.  Pray for them daily.  More than once a day.  If you aren't praying for them who is?  When you take that person as your spouse, the other part of you, you leave & cleave.  Yes their mother & father can pray for them, but not like you can.  And I don't know, maybe your spouse isn't praying for you, but that doesn't mean you can't pray for them.  It may just change everything.  It will certainly change you.  As I said earlier, marriage is a three way street.  Look at it like a highway with God as the line down the middle. There is give & take on both sides, but He doesn't wavier. 
  We are rounding the corner to 25.  I can't possibly be that old can I???
I would do it all over again. 
So hang in there! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment