Monday, September 29, 2014

Sunday Reflections

 
Once again I'm not really sure where to begin.  For several years now the ladies Sunday School class that I teach have been doing Beth Moore's Bible Studies.  That is our "book" so to speak.  We take our time.  Dissect them.  Discuss etc.  So we are in the midst of the study of " James Mercy Triumphs".  Now let me tell you, it isn't for the weak kneed or the faint of heart.  It is kicking us HARD!!! And we are only in chapter 2.  I also should mention (not sure if I have before or not) that there are so many times that we have a good lesson and we get to the sanctuary, we have our praise & worship & D begins to speak.  More often than not, it goes right along with & often picks right up where we left off.  It may not be the same scripture but, it falls right in line.  Now I don't know about you, but, when this happens I am awe struck.  It blows me away at how God works.
 
Yesterday was no different.  Only it was.  Our lesson dissected James 1:25.  To look intently, to walk away & be changed.  Not touched.  Changed.  Not to be like the one who looks intently in the mirror then walks away and forgets what he has seen. 
We also discussed James 2:1.  "Our glorious Lord Jesus Christ".   The glory of God.  We all left that room just almost mad.  (I say that with a smile)  God moved in that room.  No doubt.  I love those women so much.  I can see their mind racing.  Not a one of us enjoyed that lesson yesterday.  Not a one could walk out and say it was a good lesson.  Because that is what one might do if they are becoming a forgetful listener.  I will go out on a limb and say that the women in that class, along with myself, want to be changed.  We want a word from God and we want it to change us.  We don't want to do anything that will hinder the Glory of God showing up and revealing Himself to us. 
And then we left that room.  Went to the sanctuary.  Had our praise & worship.  Then D gets up to speak.  Before he ever gave a scripture reference I knew we were in trouble.  So did one of the ladies that had been in class.  She leaned up & said "So help me if he goes to James I'm leaving!".  In which I replied, "I will be right behind you."  It isn't that we wanted to miss what God might say, we already knew.  D didn't go to James.  Instead he slid 2 Timothy 4:3 in there.  And if that wasn't enough he throws us back into Ezekiel 33:30-32.
Why do you go to church?  Where's the commitment?  Are you a forgetful listener?  Do you want the Glory of God? 
We say we want the Glory of God to pour over us.  We want to be there, fully present when the Glory of God is present, but the thing of it is we don't want to do anything about it.  2 Timothy 4:3 states that there were those with itching ears.  Ezekiel 33: 30-32 states folks would go & listen but never do anything about what they heard.  More or less the same thing James said in James 1:25.  
There's just so much that I could add.  There's so much more for me to ponder.  But of this I am sure,  I want change.  I don't want to just be touched.  I want to be changed.  I want to see & feel the glory of God.  I want to be committed. 
Of this too, I am sure,  I'm so thankful that God saw fit to send us to that country church.  To that group of people.  To that group of people who love us but more than that, they love our Lord.  I'm so thankful that we get to serve there.  So to that country church, thank you so much for putting up with us.  For loving us.  For praying for us.  For spoiling us.  But most of all for loving Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment