Friday, October 17, 2014

Let's go back to the closet

 
 
 
 
Alright let's talk about a few things. 
I've pondered quite a bit since yesterday's post. 
I commented on facebook that several of the items in my closet are older than ten years.  That isn't a lie.  And in my defense if you look closely you will see long sleeves in the mix.  I have very little stuff stored for winter.  When I buy something, it is a multi-season piece.  I can layer or wear alone.  I've been D's wife for nearly twenty five years and I can't tell you how many times I've heard him say "you get what you pay for".  He's right.  But don't get me wrong, I don't buy expensive things.  However, on those occasions when I have paid full price for something because it talked to me straight off the rack, it is still hanging in that closet and is nearly worn out. 
I have one denim shirt that is my all time favorite.  I bought it a long time ago, paid full price (from Old Navy) and it is still a go to.  Same with my denim jacket.  There is an elbow that has blown out of it but I refuse to buy a new one.  In fact if I did it would probably have the elbow out too.
 
So much for the closet.  Let's move to the weather.  I think it was a rainy, cloudy, gloomy, mix since Monday. I was so ready to see the sun.  I even threatened to move or take another quick trip south if he didn't show himself yesterday.  Good thing he did.  I was already making plans for crab claws & cheesecake.  So much again for the treadmill right? 
A sweet friend sent me a message yesterday morning that said "He knows the desire of our hearts."  I replied, "Yep, He sure does."  And that is exactly the truth.  There are some days when I can't even wrap my mind around it.  The fact that He cares so much about the small stuff.  I believe that He will often give us the small stuff just so we will trust Him more with the big stuff. 
 
That's all of my rambling for this Friday.  Have a happy weekend.  The forecast says it will be full of sunshine!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment