Monday, October 6, 2014

Sunday Reflections

 
I probably shouldn't be trying to post anything right now.  I'm a little on the tired side.  I have no reflections on Sunday because I was in a vehicle all day.  But I am going to share a few pictures and some thoughts on those moments. 
D & I headed south Thursday morning.  It was a much needed trip for both of us.  This is the first year in seven I guess that the boys haven't been to the beach.  Life is certainly changing. 
 
I knew there was rain in the forecast for Friday and I had told myself that I wouldn't get a good sunrise or sunset on this trip.  And I was ok with it. 
 
Friday morning came and my eyes popped open around 4:00 am.  I willed myself back to sleep around 5:00 am.  They flew back open around 6:30 am.  I put my contacts in & brushed my teeth as fast as I could and ran to the balcony.  Remember I wasn't expecting to see anything but I must have been secretly hoping. 
 
Look at what happened.
 
 
There were a few clouds.  I thought I will be patient and see what happens. 
And then.....there she was.

 
Peeking through.
 


 
In all her glory.
 


 
And just a few minutes later, I turned to face the west and there was this.
 


 
 
 


 
We ended Saturday night by chasing the sun.  She didn't disappoint.
I thought as I watched her rise Friday & then turn to see the rainbow, all within a matter of minutes, I just don't understand how folks can't see the beauty of God in all the moments or how they just don't see Him period. 
 




God sure did pour His favour out on us this weekend. 
 I am so thankful & so blessed. 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment