Monday, October 20, 2014

Sunday Reflections

 
As I went to bed last night I thought about today's post.  My conclusion was that I just don't have a reflection this week.  But as I was making the bed this morning, I reflected. 
D's message yesterday was on losing our focus.  His scripture was 1 Corinthians 9:24 "Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win."
And Philippians 3:13 Paul writes "Forgetting the past & looking forward to what lies ahead, 14) I press on to reach the end of the race & receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."
So, I'm pondering all of this.  One of the questions in his sermon was this: "What causes man to lose his focus?"  Well I had several answers for all of us.  There's cell phones, facebook, twitter, snap chat, text messages, TV, books, relationships, circumstances in life, life in general.  We get so distracted by the worldly things.  We blame Ebola, drugs, aides, congress, senate, the president. 
My thoughts turned to Noah.  Remember Noah? 
Genesis 6:11) "now God saw that the earth had become corrupt and was filled with violence. 12) God observed all this corruption in the world, for everyone on earth was corrupt. 13) So God said to Noah, "I have decided to destroy all living creatures, for they have filled the earth with violence. Yes, I will wipe them all out along with the earth!"
 
What about Lot & his wife? Sometimes we are just like her.  We are so busy looking in the past we can't focus on what is in front of us enough to press toward the mark.  The mark in which the Lord called us to focus on.  The angel told Lot in verse 17 of Genesis 19 to Hurry & run for their lives.  Don't look back or stop anywhere. But in verse 26 the wife couldn't help but look back and when she did she was turned into a pillar of salt. 
Who was to blame? 
 
So in all of the distractions and all of the busy-ness we are faced with, we want to blame everything & everyone else.  When the truth is, it's our own fault.  We are our own distraction.  We are our own reason in lost focus.  Our priorities are all messed up. 
My challenge to you is to refocus.  Press on toward the mark, the one in which God has called you to & don't look back!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment