Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The problem with my treadmill


 
 
Yes I have a treadmill.  I know you can't tell by looking at me. But I have one and I actually use it. 
Well, maybe not on a daily basis, but I am working on it.  I have been faithfully (again) for two weeks now.    I've always enjoyed walking more than any other exercise routine.  I prefer a good walk outside but I don't have a real good place with out going to the park & I'm to lazy to do that.  So if I get a walk in it is on the treadmill.  However, I have discovered a problem with that.
The only way I half way enjoy it is to have the TV on.  My favorite thing to watch right now is recorded episodes of  www.thepioneerwoman.com.  For those of you not familiar with this, it's a cooking show.  So I find myself asking what sense does this make?  I'm walking/running on a treadmill, watching a woman cook food.  It's a good thing for D because I get inspired to cook.  It's a bad thing for D because I get inspired to shop for cute kitchen stuff too. 
 
 
 
 
I tried my hand at my own version of her creamy creamed potatoes.  Y'all there's cream cheese in these suckers along with heavy whipping cream.  Is there a need for me to say any thing more??? They were soooo good.
 
 
 
 
I even went as far as to fry some chicken in a bonafied iron skillet.  It isn't the first time I've done this.  The boys will eat it up.  And this is where I say, notice the platter it is on.  (how cute is that? It actually looks better in person) The first picture is the platter back in it's spot after it is cleaned up.  There's no chicken left.


 
Again I went all out and fixed the biscuits. 
Now don't go getting all jealous.  This doesn't happen every night.  But if I can stay on the treadmill & get enough episodes recorded the possibilities are endless. 
I will also say that I have her cookbook.  And one of these days, just maybe, I will have one of the pretty blenders that she uses.  I highly doubt it.  I've priced those suckers.  But I can so imagine me using one.  I would be like all Martha, Paula & Ree mixed up in one kitchen. 
So there's the problem with my treadmill.  I think the only cure for it will be Christmas.  The treadmill has to find a new home when one of the trees goes up.  We may go on a diet then. 
Now I realize there isn't a photo of the said treadmill (& this post is just a sort of rambling.)  But believe me I have one.  Just like many folks have a Bible.  If their reading pattern or discipline or whatever you want to call it, is like my relationship with the treadmill, well....you get the idea. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment