Friday, November 7, 2014

Ramblings

Oh the joys of fall.  In case you didn't notice, the time changed at 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning.  It has just about killed me.  For many reasons.  I've been on the edge of just digging a hole & crawling in it until Spring.  But then I think "no, I can't do that.  There's life to live.  Clothes to wash.  Food to cook.  Thanksgiving & Christmas."  So I've decided I will wait until January 2 to dig my hole.

Anyway besides that, I've cooked.  Seems like a lot!  Especially if you don't really like to cook.  Well, it's not that I don't like to cook.  It's just a lot of trouble.  But since I'm here quite a bit now I don't mind it as much.



 I've been married for nearly twenty five years and I didn't have a dutch oven.  Well, I do now and I've used that sucker a lot in two weeks. I'm not to the point to ask it "where've you been my whole life?"  But we are getting close.  On this day, there was potato soup cooking in it.   I mean what else are you suppose to cook when the time changes?  That signifies soup to me.


I mixed this stuff up for the preacher.  It's the Pioneer Woman's recipe for Pico Del Gallo.  Don't ask me if it's good.  I don't know.  I won't eat it, but the preacher does so I made two batches this week. 



One of the dumbest things I've done was this.  I put this bad boy in the microwave for eight seconds.  Took a bite and was instantly carried back to my mother's kitchen not long after they got the first microwave.  (mid 80's)  She would buy the frozen doughnuts that were in a package.  You would put them in the microwave for just a few seconds and then you were instantly in doughnut heaven (or so I thought)  When you place a Krispy Kreme doughnut in the microwave for eight seconds, yea.  Back to a 1980 something kitchen. 

Now don't you go to judging me on these next pictures.....
I've been listening to a little Christmas music as I cut up onions, cilantro & jalapenos and all the other cooking I've been doing.    I know that SiriusXM will start playing non stop music this Tuesday and Hallmark has been playing movies all week so why not??

Well, there's this too.  It was on the rack in the cooler at the store.  And I obviously think if it's there then I must buy.  Right?  I will also say that I have wrapped a few gifts.  Not because I'm putting them under the tree yet.  Not at all.  The tree(s) are still in the attic.  I just needed to get them out of my way. 

I'm not rushing the month of November at all.  Really in all seriousness I'm not.  I love the Thanksgiving day festivities as much as anyone.  I will be in the kitchen cooking and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will be on all the while D & the boys will be working on the Christmas lights outside.  But I will say I am looking forward to December 1 because of this book.  I got it last year and it changed my whole attitude toward Christmas.  So I'm excited to start again on December 1 just to see what the Lord will reveal to me this year.  It will now be as much of a tradition as putting up the trees, buying the boiled custard, listening to the Christmas music and all the shopping that goes on.
So there's another reason why I won't be digging a hole just yet. 
Hope you all have a happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment