Monday, November 3, 2014

Sunday Reflections

                                                                                              
As I was trying to shut my tired brain and body down last night I thought, "I really have no reflections".  I thought wrong.  Nicole C. Mullen has a song entitled  "Press".  Some may refer to it as "One Touch".  Either way, if you have never heard it I encourage you to pull YouTube and listen to it.  The best friend sang it yesterday.  But before she did she made the comment that every one has a need that they need touched.  This particular song is about the woman who had the issue of blood.  She had enough faith in Jesus to know that if she could just touch the hem of His garment she would be made whole.

Again as I was trying to shut my body down I thought of this woman.  Her effort.  Her need.  I also thought of the woman who anointed Jesus' feet with her tears.  She broke her alabaster box and anointed Him.  But before she could anoint Him, she had to go through some "stuff".  Some people.  And once she got to Him, she was criticized for her actions. 

If you are like me, you sometimes (always) want the easy way out.  We don't really want to go to a lot of trouble or go through some "stuff" to get what we need.  We want what we want, when we want it.
Both of these ladies had a need.  They both knew they needed Jesus and it didn't make them any difference what they had to do or who they had to go through to get to Him.  They just needed to get to Him.

What about you?  What are you willing to do to get to Jesus? 

No comments:

Post a Comment